- Charlotte Sullivan as Courtney
- Dylan Provencher as Hat
- Kiel Campbell as Eddie
- Garry Robbins as Mud Monster
- Anais Granofsky as Ms. Prince
- Lucy Peacock as Biology Teacher (uncredited)
- Krystine Geronimo as Courtney's friend (uncredited)
- Leah Cudmore as Girl (uncredited)
Courtney, a total show-off, isn't scared of anything. Not snakes, not tarantulas, and especially not Eddie and Hat! She always manages to make them look like losers when they're trying their best to scare her. But Eddie and Hat have dreamed up the perfect scare once and for all. They're going to lure Courtney to Muddy Creek and convince her that Mud Monsters are real—and really scary. But it may be Eddie and Hat who are ghouled!
Differences from the book
- Instead of many Mud Monsters, there is only one.
- Two of Eddie's friends, Molly and Charlene, are missing. Charlene's dog, Buttercup, also does not appear.
- Eddie's brother does not appear in the episode and it is Eddie who pretends to be a Mud Monster to scare Courtney.
- Instead of the Mud Monsters emerging and chasing everyone away, Courtney sees the Mud Monster and talks to it for so long that the sun dries it out. Once it dries out, the monster becomes immobile. Courtney is then interviewed by news reporters. After they leave, the Mud Monster gets revived by the rain and chases Eddie and Hat.
- There is no field trip in the episode.
- Courtney gives her report on the Mud Monsters at the very start of the story, while in the book this happened much later.
- When Eddie and Hat got trapped with the spider in the book, Eddie was able to get it off them so and were able to attemtp to drop it on Courtney. In the episode, Courtney appears to rescue them from the spider.
"You Can't Scare Me" was released on DVD on March 31, 2009, as the third episode on Return of the Mummy. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
Return of the Mummy
|March 31, 2009||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- This episode was adapted into Goosebumps Presents Book #14.
- Dylan Provencher (Hat) played Chris in season three's The House of No Return.
- Kiel Campbell (Eddie) played Noah in season three's The Haunted House Game.
- The way in which Courtney bores the Mud Monsters to death in the television episode is reminiscent of a piece of Greek mythology in which Hermes uses long and uninteresting stories to bore the giant Argus Panoptes into sleeping; Hermes then casts a spell that makes Argus's sleep eternal.