"Werewolf Skin" is the thirteenth and fourteenth episodes of season three of the Goosebumps TV series, and the fifty-seventh and fifty-eighth episodes overall. Part One and Part Two premiered on November 22, 1997 on Fox during the Fox Kids block.
- Keegan MacIntosh as Alex Blackwell
- Nicky Guadagni as Marta Blackwell
- Ron Lea as Colin Blackwell
- James Mainprize as Mr. Shein
- Terra Vnesa as Hannah Stoneman (as Terra Vanessa Kowalyk)
- Bucky Hill as Sean Kiner
- Bradley Machry as Arjun Koshla
- Maria Vacratsis as Big Edna
- Daniel McGraw as Classmate
Differences from the book
- Alex's last name is Blackwell, instead of Hunter.
- Wolf Creek is called Wolfcreek.
- The episode does not take place around Halloween.
- Alex lives in Des Moines, Iowa in the episode.
- In the book, the wolf skins are described as looking like capes of dark fur. In the episode, the skins are full body werewolf costumes.
- Alex and Hannah do not wear the wolf skins as an attempt to make sure Uncle Colin and Aunt Marta don't get them to transform. Instead, Alex buries the wolf skins, and when the full moon is at its' peak, the skins blow up, curing Uncle Colin and Ault Marta from the curse.
- Alex's fate is slightly more ambiguous. As the episode ends, just after he learns the truth about Hannah, she enters the room. Alexander looks at her concerned, unsure of what she is about to do. She simply says she doesn't bite.
"Werewolf Skin" was released on VHS on September 15, 1998. It has yet to be released on DVD in the NTSC region.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
|September 15, 1998||VHS|
- The photography magazine Alexander reads at the beginning of the episode includes pictures of one of the masks from "The Haunted Mask" along with a Creep from "Calling All Creeps".
- Alex makes a reference to the TV show The X-Files. Coincidentally, actor Keegan MacIntosh had a brief role in the X-Files episode "Fire."
- Maria Vacratsis (the bus driver) played Janet in season four's "Deep Trouble".
- This episode, "The Haunted Mask", and "The Cuckoo Clock of Doom" are the only episodes not to be released on NTSC DVD.
- The werewolf costumes Sean and Arjun wear to scare Alex as he buries the wolf skins are the same ones (or at least nearly identical to) that Tabitha and Lee wore in "Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns" to scare Drew, Walker, Shane and Shana.