There is no consistent plot in this book. It is just a humorous book that describes the creatures and attractions of HorrorLand.
Don't worry, there's nothing to be frightened of -- as long as you have this guide full of behind-the-scenes info. Take an inside peek at:
- THE STAGGER INN DOOM SERVICE MENU
- WEREWOLF PETTING ZOO RULES AND REGULATIONS
- RATINGS FOR THE SCARIEST RIDES IN HORRORLAND
- TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID TOP EGYPTIAN CURSES
- MONSTER JOB APPLICATION AND FRIGHT RESTRICTIONS
The set up of this book is very different from others in the book series. Instead of being split into three parts, there were just chapters/sections, like an actual guide to a park. Each section described a different facility of the park, like restaurants, rides, or hotels. In each section, there are advertisements and information about things in the park.
Most of the locations, people, Horrors, and attractions named in this book are examples of puns or word-play. (For example; Howard U. Likeapunchindanose, Les Chompem)
The last few pages of this book contain bonus material and several interviews with characters from the Goosebumps series and Goosebumps HorrorLand. It also foreshadows the second arc of the series with an article about Jonathan Chiller.
- Stagger Inn
- Black Lagoon Water Park
- Monster Police
- Zombie Plaza
- Werewolf Village
- Rides & Entertainment
- Monster Resources
- Park Upkeep & Improvements
- V.I.V.'s: Very Important Villains
- The Power of 10
- Vampire Village
- Eyeballs, Spiders, Mirrors, and More!
- Just like the promotional book Write Your Fright!, this book has no consistent plot.
- This book makes no mention of R.L. Stine on the cover or copyright page, meaning that he likely didn't write any of it. The only author credited on the copyright page is Matthew D. Payne, who is credited as the writer of the "Behind the Screams" section of the book.
- This book references several popular novels, such as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Frankenstein, and The Invisible Man, as well as these books' main antagonists. Moreover, this book makes references to other Goosebumps books and characters.
|Goosebumps HorrorLand series|
|#01 Revenge of the Living Dummy||#8 Say Cheese — and Die Screaming!||#15 Heads, You Lose!|
|#02 Creep from the Deep||#9 Welcome to Camp Slither||#16 Weirdo Halloween|
|#03 Monster Blood for Breakfast!||#10 Help! We Have Strange Powers!||#17 The Wizard of Ooze|
|#04 The Scream of the Haunted Mask||#11 Escape from HorrorLand||#18 Slappy New Year!|
|#05 Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz||#12 The Streets of Panic Park||#19 The Horror at Chiller House|
|#06 Who's Your Mummy?||#13 When the Ghost Dog Howls||N/A Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide|
|#07 My Friends Call Me Monster||#14 Little Shop of Hamsters||N/A Write Your Fright!|