14 year old Becka Douglas took her father's car out on a joyride, leading to her death. Mr. Douglas was so distraught that he was desperate to get rid of the car. Becka started haunting the car, and told her twin sister she plans to get revenge for dying so young.
When Mitchell Moinian's dad got the car, Becka started forcing Mitchell to get in so she can kill him. However, she accidentally saves his life by taking him on a ride while his house is catching fire. Because her mission is evil, she melted away.
The Haunted Car appears in the Goosebumps movie as means of transportation for Slappy, driving on her own due to both her nature as a possessed automobile and because Slappy's legs are too short to reach the brakes, although she never speaks in the film.
After he released the car, he used her to rampage through Madison, Delaware. He also threw various Goosebumps manuscripts books out the driver's seat window after unlocking them. The Car later appears when Slappy prepares for the attack on Zach Cooper's school, using its afterburners to destroy the remaining manuscripts after the other Goosebumps monsters were released by the Lawn Gnomes.
Although the car's ultimate fate is left unknown at the end of the film, it is implied that she was sucked into the newly written Goosebumps book along with the other monsters (barring Brent Green).
As a ghost, Becka is a rotting corpse, with rotted skin. In life, she had wavy blond hair and dark catlike eyes, just like her sister Marissa.
In life, Becka seemed to be very reckless, due to taking the car on a joyride at a young age. As a ghost, she claims to be evil, and constantly tries to kill Mitchell so someone can join her in the afterlife forever. She's so dedicated to evil that saving Mitchell's life causes her to melt away forever.
- In the Spanish version of the film, specifically when the Haunted Car is released from her book in front of Stine's house, one can hear her whispering "embrujado." When translated, the term means "haunted."
- The Haunted Car, especially her depiction in the Goosebumps film, shares similarities to The Car from the 1977 horror-thriller The Car.
- The Haunted Car is Slappy's closest ally in the film, since he used her for transportation throughout the film.
- In Goosebumps: The Game, the moving van driver mentions a story about a haunted car to his partner, swearing that the story was true. The Haunted Car is later shown as an achievement within the game.
- The Haunted Car appears in Goosebumps HorrorTown, but only as an item you can decorate the town with.