Haunted Mask TV book
IIRC, the advertisement isn't referring to an unreleased Goosebumps Presents, it's referring to this. I think the exact phrasing in the ad is "TV Edition of The Haunted Mask", which grammatically, would refer to an edition of the book itself that's been rereleased in light of the TV episode. SharkBud (talk) 08:02, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
- Oooo, you're probably right! I will remove it from the page for sure if it really did come out in September 1995. I don't own that copy of the book, so I can't check. Do you? If not I might just have to buy it check for myself... lol. Goddy (Talk) 18:19, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
- I don't, but I do have the book that has that original advertisement in it. Legend of the Lost Legend, I think. I remember that there's probably a video of it online, though, which might be helpful. SharkBud (talk) 23:12, April 21, 2020 (UTC)
- The advertisement linked above was found in original series books #37 and #38 (you can see it is in 38 from the title of the image). Those books were first published in November and December 1995, respectively, so it is interesting that the ad mentions a book being available in September, but I know books can be available to buy before their official release date sometimes. Also, the TV episode aired on October 27, 1995, so it makes sense the Haunted Mask book rerelease would be available about a month before that.
- As far as confirming the month of release of that edition of The Haunted Mask, I don't think that is possible to know for sure from owning the book. I own the book and the copyright page does confirm it was released in 1995, but does not say the month. Also, it has the same ISBN as other original Haunted Mask books, and is distinguished only by being the 16th printing of the Haunted Mask (the 2nd-15th, and 17th onward, all look essentially the same). So the publication date would not be findable on Amazon or a similar site.
- I think the only way to confirm the month of publication would be to find it in a Scholastic Arrow book order from that time period but those are almost impossible to find now.
- Anyway, I am inclined to agree the ad refers to the rerelease of the Haunted Mask book around the time the TV episode first aired.