- Tyrone Savage as Nicholas Morgan
- Janet-Laine Green as Martha Morgan
- Booth Savage as Tom Morgan
- Alicia Panetta as Sam
- Angelo Mosca as Cadaverous Man
- Julissa Aguirre as Grace (voice)
- Deanna Oliver as Chloe (voice)
Differences from the story
- Nicholas's real baby sister's name is Grace and not Hannah. The real baby is named Chloe, instead of Grace in the story.
- There is no mark of evil on the baby in the episode. Thus, Nicholas is not worried about the baby until she starts acting strange.
- In the story, Nicholas doesn't like the idea of having a baby sister. In the episode, he is excited about it.
- The episode adds a female friend character.
- In the story, the baby's real family was just one parent, a human looking mother with the same birthmark as her. In the episode, she has a mom and dad, who appear to look like monsters.
- Tyrone Savage (Nicholas) played Daniel in season one's, "It Came from Beneath the Sink".
- Booth Savage and Janet-Laine Green, who played Nicholas' parents, not only were a real-life couple at that time, but they were the real-life parents of Tyrone Savage, who played their son.
- It is shown that Grace's real parents are monsters as only their hands can be seen when they are reunited with her.
- The toy block that Sam picks up from Grace's crib bears the Goosebumps "G" logo.
- When Nicholas is fighting with the baby for the remote, the channel is switched and a scene from a previous episode, "Say Cheese and Die" is shown. Ironically, the next episode after Strained Peas was its sequel, "Say Cheese and Die - Again!"
- This is the lowest rated Goosebumps episode on IMDb, with a score of 3.7/10.
- In one scene, Sam leaves Nicholas's house with a skateboard with the cover design of The Haunted Mask. The skateboard is the same prop as seen in Grady's room from The Werewolf of Fever Swamp episode.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.