- Jessica Moyes as Brooke Rodgers
- Shawn Potter as Zeke Matthews
- Stuart Stone as Brian Colson
- Kathryn Greenwood as Ms. Walker
- Julia Chantrey as Tina Powell
- Philip Eddolls as Corey Sklar
- Eric Fink as Emile
- John Bayliss as Mr. Levy
- Boyd Banks as Mr. Johnson
When Brooke gets the lead in a school play about a Phantom, she is thrilled . . . until the nightmares begin. At school, there is talk of a real Phantom who has haunted the auditorium for years. Brooke tries to laugh it off. But when haunting messages appear on set, a trap door is discovered on stage, and a piece of scenery comes crashing down, it's no joke. Is Zeke, her best friend, up to his foolish pranks again? Or is Brooke's jealous understudy, Tina, up to no good? Maybe the answer lies beneath the stage, through the trap door, and at the end of the tunnel.
Differences from the book
- In the book, the secretary tells them there's no night janitor. In the episode, it's the janitor who does so.
- In the book, at the first rehearsal, Zeke scares everyone by showing up wearing his phantom mask. In the episode, Zeke scares everyone at the first rehearsal by wearing his full phantom costume and swooping down from the catwalks.
- In the book, Emile admits to sabotaging the rehearsals and framing Zeke but has no idea about the story of the phantom. In the episode, Emile dresses as the phantom during sabotage attempts and seems to know the story of the phantom.
- In the episode, Brooke and Zeke don't seem to be into horror movies.
- Brooke's little brother does not appear.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
Attack of the Mutant
|September 13, 2011||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- Brooke's copy of the script contains the names of several members of the television show's cast, specifically: Patrick Doyle (producer), Alan Doucette (art department), and Brent McGillivray (art department); although, the latter two of those names seem to be misspelled.
- Doucette's name was also hidden in the episode "Say Cheese and Die... Again".
- Julia Chantrey, who was cast as Tina, was later cast as Terri in the 2000 Disney Channel film, Phantom of the Megaplex. Both this episode and the Disney film are parodies of The Phantom of the Opera.
- Philip Eddolls (Corey Sklar) played Shane in season two's, "Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns".
- The DVD release of the episode has the credits music continuously playing, even after the credits have ended.