"One Day at HorrorLand" is the eight and ninth episode of season three of the Goosebumps TV series, and the fifty second and fifty-third episode overall. Part one and part two premiered on October 25, 1997 and November 1, 1997 on Fox during the Fox Kids block respectively.
- Heather Brown as Lizzy Morris
- Michael Caloz as Luke Morris
- Jonathan Whittaker as Mr. Morris
- Kirsten Bishop as Mrs. Morris
- Neil Crone as Blek, Retch Sniff and Makeup Artist Horror
- Ron Stefaniuk as Assorted Horrors / Reptilian Creature
- Jason Hopley as Assorted Horrors
- Julie Holdsworth as Talking Severed Head
Differences from the book
- Despite being one of the main characters in the book, Clay is omitted from the episode.
- The Doom Slide and Bat Barn are never shown or mentioned.
- There is no game show in the book.
- The ending is completely different. In the book, the family escapes HorrorLand with a van and when they get home, they discover a Horror has stowed away and it gives them passes for next year. In the episode, they attempt to escape using their new car only for it to be revealed that the game show host is controlling the car. He makes it start to go off a cliff. Then the whole episode is revealed to be a show that two [Horrors|HorrorLand Horrors]] are watching, complaining about how they are sick of scary human shows.
- The Horror that tries to warn the family is fleshed out further, revealed to be named Blek and the former host of Raw Deal. He attempts to help the family but is attacked by Ripper.
- In the book, the kids go on the coffin cruise with their parents. In the episode, they go on their own.
"One Day at HorrorLand" was released on VHS on September 15, 1998 in the US, and October 11, 1999 in the UK. It was first released on DVD on September 16, 2008. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
One Day at HorrorLand
|September 15, 1998||VHS|
One Day at HorrorLand
|September 16, 2008||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- Goof: In one scene, you can see the actors' real teeth under the horror mouth.
- The game show Raw Deal has several references to the popular game show Wheel of Fortune.
- Ripper the Killer Beast is recycled from Sabre from "Welcome to Camp Nightmare".
- Luke's actor Michael Caloz was also known for voicing D.W. Read in the PBS animated series Arthur, in its' first three seasons.
- The ending of this episode is quite similar to that of The Blob That Ate Everyone.