Nila is Prince Khor-Ru's thousands-year-old sister posing as a reporter (Or a journalist at least in the television version) and had a necklace which is a amber pendant identical to Gabe's pendant (Except it lacks the scarab), she was living for 4,000 years thanks to her pendant. Her goal was to reanimate her mummified brother to reign with him again. Unfortunately for her, Khor-Ru wants to rest in peace, so he tried to choke her to death when she awakened him. In a scuffle, Gabe shatters her pendant, causing her to revert to a scarab and she crawl away. She also may or may not killed Gabe by biting him.
- Nila appeared in the television adaption of the book, portrayed by Afrah Gouda.
- Nila appears in the Goosebumps movie among the other villains led by Slappy, portrayed by Jennifer Trudung, but was credited as "Monster #26."
- Nila's current design is based off the real-life ancient Egyptian queen Neferneferuaten Nefertiti.
- For her appearance in the Goosebumps film, there are hieroglyphics written where her eyebrows are. According to a video, they spell the word "Goosebumps."
- When Nila is spawned in Goosebumps HorrorTown, her animation has an apparition that looks something close to Prince Warwick from Heads, You Lose!.