Theo Gordon tried to write a note to Ray, but was caught by Mr. Haha Face and sent to Clown Street, a prison for clowns that are tortured by the true main villain of the book, The Frightener. At the end of the book, Ray couldn't wash the clown makeup off of himself, implying Murder was not able to either.
- Murder the Clown appears in the 2015 Goosebumps movie portrayed by Marshall Choka, but credited as "Monster #4". He is one of the villains and monsters assembled by Slappy to wreak havoc in the town. Murder doesn't speak in the movie, but his nose honked every time he laughed. When the monsters are sucked into R.L. Stine's book, Murder briefly loses his wig before being sucked in.
- Murder the Clown appears as one of the many monsters hunting the player in the mobile title Goosebumps: Night of Scares as an enemy.
- He is the most recent monster to appear in the 2015 Goosebumps movie, with his book released just 8 months prior to the film's release.
- The cover of his book shows him dodging axes being thrown at him.
- Murder was mentioned to have a hatchet in his head. However, the hatchet is not present in neither the cover of A Nightmare On Clown Street nor in his appearance in the movie.
- In the film, he has white make-up, instead of red. His appearance is very similar to Pennywise from Stephen King's It, except his hair is shorter, and his suit is yellow and blue instead of white.