The kid-friendly horror series that defined a decade returns to comics! Readers beware, you're in for a scare! Brave the spine-tingling world of R.L. Stine to uncover the thrills and chills of the first ever Goosebumps comic series to feature original stories! Kicking things off is a new creepy carousel spin on HorrorLand! When Mia and Ginny go to stay at their Grandma's mothball-filled house for the summer, boredom forces them to venture out into her tiny town. But, soon, what appears to be a dusty used bookstore plunges them into an upside-down world of terror!
- Because Mia and Ginny's parents are a lesbian couple, this marks the very first instance of LGBT tropes in Goosebumps media.
- One of the books on the shelves in Cursed Editions is the Necronomicon, as depicted in the Evil Dead films.
- Curly's appearance in this comic arc marks his first actual appearance in a Goosebumps story, as he usually appeared in covers and merchandise in the past.
- One of the gravestone's in one scene reads "Scaremy Lambert", a reference to the comic's writer, Jeremy Lambert. Additionally, one of the other names is Chase Martoz, an editor for IDW, the comic's publisher.
References to other Goosebumps media
- Night of the Living Dummy saga: Slappy the Dummy appears as the primary antagonist.
- One Day at HorrorLand/Goosebumps HorrorLand: The Horrors make an appearance, and HorrorLand itself appears as a setting.
- Monster Blood saga: Monster Blood makes an appearance during issue 3.
- Tales to Give You Goosebumps: Curly the Skeleton can be spotted amongst the crowd of monsters.
- A Night in Terror Tower: A book called "Terror Tower" appears on a shelf.
- Stay Out of the Basement: Ginny can be seen reading a book called "Don't Go In the Basement", which is a parody of this book.
- The Horror at Camp Jellyjam: Mia mentions being unable to go to Camp Jellyjam.
- The Haunted Mask saga: The Haunted Mask appears on issue 1's B and RI covers, and Mia is dressing up as Carly Beth as she is depicted on the original cover on issue 1's RI cover.
- The Werewolf of Fever Swamp: Will Blake appears on issue 1's B cover, and the book appears on a shelf in issue 1.
- The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight: A Scarecrow appears on issue 1's B cover.
- The Cuckoo Clock of Doom: The Cuckoo Clock appears on issue 1's B cover.
- Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes: A Lawn Gnome appears on issue 1's B cover.
- Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns: A Pumpkin Head appears on issue 1's B cover.
- A Nightmare on Clown Street: Murder the Clown appears on issue 1's B cover.
- Werewolf Skin: Ginny is seen attempting to wear a Wolf Skin on issue 1's RI cover.
- How I Got My Shrunken Head: The Shrunken Head appears on issue 1's RI cover.
- Legend of the Lost Legend: A Viking helmet can be spotted on issue 1's RI cover.