When Spencer Kassimir knocks over the headstone, the zombie-like ghoulish figure of Oswald was back from the dead where he ends up pushing Spencer out of his body and possesses it, leaving Spencer in the spirit world with other souls who tell Spencer about how evil Oswald and Martin were when they were living. Spencer tries to get back home and confront Oswald by possessing several bodies. After failing to convince him, Spencer seeks Audra's help. But there, it is revealed that Audra's body was already possessed by Martin when they first visited the grave. After finding Audra, she and Spencer try to stop the two ghoulish brothers. After doing a special ghoul dance, Martin and Oswald die and Audra and Spencer get their bodies back. However they end up in each other's bodies.
The Graveyard Ghouls make an appearance in the 2015 Goosebumps film where they are portrayed by:
- Melissa Cowan (who was credited as "Monster #5")
- Kevin Galbraith (who was credited as "Monster #9")
- Larry Mainland (who was credited as "Monster #18)
- Justin Natic (who was credited as "Monster #20")
- Ashley Jo Sizemore (who was credited as "Monster #24").
- Some of the actors for the Graveyard Ghouls played zombies on AMC's The Walking Dead.
- A female ghoul also appears in Goosebumps: Night of Scares.
- According to Monster Survival Guide, their favorite T-shirt slogan is "Get a Life!"
- While the ghouls in the book are closer to ghosts, the ghouls in the film look and act like zombies.