Goosebumps Wanted: The Haunted Mask is a stand-alone book in the Goosebumps franchise that geared up to the Most Wanted series. It is the first original Goosebumps book to be released in hardcover format. It was also released in paperback. It was first published in 2012.
The book is divided into four parts, a prologue that took place in 1972, Lu-Ann's story, which takes place 40 years later, Devin's story, and an epilogue called, "Polly's House".
The cover art features The Haunted Mask on a piece of paper with flies surrounding it.
Lu-Ann Franklin usually loves Halloween. Not this year. Her best friend, Devin O'Bannon, is going away for the week. And she has to go to a boring party where nothing exciting could ever happen. But when Lu-Ann comes face-to-face with the Haunted Mask, major trouble lies ahead.
Devin O'Bannon didn't want to leave his best friend Lu-Ann Franklin behind on Halloween. He didn't ask to go on this trip. And that was before he heard the strange scratching on his windows and saw the shadows moving around in the fields. Something is out there and it doesn't seem to want Devin around!
Cover art gallery
- The ending of Devin's story is similar to Beauty and the Beast, except Lu-Ann serves the role of the Beast.
- With the exception of large print editions, this is the only Goosebumps book that isn't a compilation of previous stories to receive a hardcover edition.
- The second edition of this book contains a poster of the cover art on the back of the dust jacket.
- This is the first Goosebumps book to feature the Haunted Mask and not feature Carly Beth or her friends.
- As such, it is made unclear if this books follows a similar canon to the Carly Beth saga.
- The cover art differs from the full artwork. The background color is yellow instead of white, and the flies on the poster are closer to The Haunted Mask.
- The book references Oreo, Wii, Twister, American Girl Dolls and Twizzlers.
- This is one of few Goosebumps books where a human's death is depicted in grisly detail.