- "THIS IS SLAPPY'S WORLD— YOU ONLY SCREAM IN IT!"
- ―The series' slogan
- "The evil dummy comes to life to tell his own twisted tales and scary stories!"
- ―Official description
Goosebumps SlappyWorld is the current main series of Goosebumps books written by R.L. Stine. The series focuses on Slappy the Dummy, telling his own "twisted tales and scary stories." Slappy will occasionally interrupt the stories and provide his own commentary.
The series was first announced by R.L. Stine on March 1, 2016 during a small Q&A session on Facebook hosted by the organization Save the Children. Stine later confirmed the series on Facebook in July 2016.
The covers are very similar in design to Most Wanted's covers, with a solid color background presented behind the character. But unlike Most Wanted, some covers feature background elements, such as Revenge of the Invisible Boy having lockers in the back. Slappy's design on the covers and logo is based on his appearance from the film Goosebumps.
|1||Slappy Birthday to You||February 28, 2017||139|
|2||Attack of the Jack!||June 27, 2017||137|
|3||I Am Slappy's Evil Twin||September 26, 2017||129|
|4||Please Do Not Feed the Weirdo||February 27, 2018||135|
|5||Escape from Shudder Mansion||June 26, 2018||136|
|6||The Ghost of Slappy||August 28, 2018||133|
|7||It's Alive! It's Alive!||February 26, 2019||134|
|8||The Dummy Meets the Mummy!||July 9, 2019||142|
|9||Revenge of the Invisible Boy||October 1, 2019||132|
|10||Diary of a Dummy||March 3, 2020||130|
|11||They Call Me the Night Howler!||July 7, 2020||143|
|12||My Friend Slappy||October 6, 2020||138|
|13||Monster Blood Is Back||March 2, 2021||135|
|14||Fifth-Grade Zombies||July 6, 2021||134|
|15||Judy and the Beast||September 7, 2021||130|
|16||Slappy in Dreamland||March 1, 2022||TBA|
|17||Haunting With The Stars||June 28, 2022||TBA|
- Slappy Birthday to You
- Attack of the Jack!
- I Am Slappy's Evil Twin
- Please Do Not Feed the Weirdo
- Escape from Shudder Mansion
- The Ghost of Slappy
- It's Alive! It's Alive!
- The Dummy Meets the Mummy!
- Revenge of the Invisible Boy
- Diary of a Dummy
- They Call Me the Night Howler!
- My Friend Slappy
- Monster Blood Is Back
- Fifth-Grade Zombies
- Judy and the Beast (upcoming)
- Slappy in Dreamland (upcoming)
- Haunting With The Stars (upcoming)
According to Scholastic's website, there will be more than 14 books in the series. In an interview with Stine, however, it was confirmed that he will be writing six additional books, bringing the confirmed total to 20.
List of characters
- This is the first Goosebumps series to focus on one specific character.
- To no surprise, this series features the most sequels to the Living Dummy saga at seven books currently, as well as the most sequels to a single saga in a single series.
- Most book titles in this series are similar to other R.L. Stine books and other media:
- Slappy Birthday to You possibly alluding to the Give Yourself Goosebumps book Scary Birthday to You.
- Attack of the Jack! possibly alluding to Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns.
- I Am Slappy's Evil Twin possibly alluding to the Goosebumps Series 2000 book I Am Your Evil Twin.
- Please Do Not Feed the Weirdo possibly alluding to Please Don't Feed the Vampire! or Please Don't Feed The Bears.
- Escape from Shudder Mansion starts with the phrase "Escape from"; this phrase is incredibly common in the Goosebumps franchise, and it has appeared in the titles of many books. The first book to bear this title was the Give Yourself Goosebumps book, Escape from the Carnival of Horrors.
- Revenge of the Invisible Boy! is a possible reference to the ending of the film Goosebumps, despite not starring the same invisible boy.
- Diary of a Dummy possibly alluding to the Give Yourself Goosebumps book Diary of a Mad Mummy.
- They Call Me the Night Howler likely referencing They Call Me Creature and The Howler, two books from the The Nightmare Room series, which were also written by R.L. Stine.
- My Friend Slappy possibly alluding to the original Goosebumps book My Best Friend Is Invisible.
- Fifth-Grade Zombies is similar to the title of the Ghosts of Fear Street book, I Was a Sixth-Grade Zombie.
- Judy and the Beast is a reference to the internationally famous fairy tale Beauty and the Beast.
- Slappy in Dreamland possibly referencing either the novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, commonly shortened to Alice in Wonderland or the 1905 comic Little Nemo in Slumberland by Windsor McKay.
- Haunting with the Stars is a play on the title of the reality game show Dancing With the Stars.
- Even though Slappy is the narrator of the stories in this series, he refers to himself in the third person during the books he appears in.
- The book Fifth-Grade Zombies featured a completely different synopsis before its final release.
|Main series||Original series • Series 2000 • HorrorLand • Hall of Horrors • Most Wanted • SlappyWorld|
|Spin-off series||Tales to Give You Goosebumps • Give Yourself Goosebumps • Goosebumps Presents • Triple Header|
|Other series||Collector's Caps books • Goosebumps Gold • Classic Goosebumps • Goosebumps film books|