- Sheldon Smith as Jerry Sadler
- Jessica Hogeveen as Terri Sadler
- Bill Turnbull as Sam Sadler
- Anna Majewski as Louisa Sadler
- Jack Jessop as Brad Sadler
- Dorothy Gordon as Agatha Sadler
- Hardee T. Lineham as Harrison Sadler
Differences from the book
- Nat is completely omitted from the television episode.
- In the book, it was Agatha that told the story of the Sadlers to Jerry and Terri after they discovered the tombstones for Sam, Louisa and Nat. In the episode, Harrison tells the story and it is before they discovered the tombstones for Sam and Louisa.
- In the book, Jerry and Terri found the dog skeleton in the forest. In the episode, they find it on the beach.
- The ending is slightly extended to imply that Brad and Agatha will eat Harrison's dog.
- The opening dream sequence is removed.
- The episode mentions Harrison earlier on, as they find a gravestone with his name and Sam & Louisa tell them that Harrison Sadler is the ghost haunting the cave, while in the book he was not introduced until they meet him.
"Ghost Beach" was released on DVD on September 13, 2011, as the first episode on Ghost Beach. It was included in a 3-Pack Thriller DVD on August 26, 2014.
|Title||Release date||Media type|
|September 13, 2011||DVD|
|August 26, 2014||DVD|
- This television episode was adapted into Goosebumps Presents Book #13.
- The dog is still in the house barking as the episode ends.
- This is one of the three episodes that internet personality JonTron reviewed for his 2013 Halloween special. The other two were "Don't Go to Sleep!" and "My Hairiest Adventure". All of which, however, were reviewed in a negative light.
- This episode's director, Steve DiMarco, was also a director for the 1985 Twilight Zone series.