Escape from HorrorLand is a Goosebumps video game that was released in 1996. It is essentially a point-and-click adventure game with full-motion video sequences and (in some areas) physical model sets for backgrounds. It acts as a sequel to the book, One Day at HorrorLand.
Similar to the Give Yourself Goosebumps books, this game has two possible twist endings.
Lizzy Morris, one of the protagonists from the book, calls the player character to her that night. She says that her brother Luke and friend Clay have suddenly disappeared after a strange bout of supernatural activity in her household. The only clues she has are the HorrorLand tickets they got from their last encounter with the theme park.
Heading back to her house, the tickets suddenly glow and suck the player character and her back to HorrorLand. Stuck there and having no choice, the both of you go in search Luke and Clay in hopes of finding an exit to the haunted theme park. Along the way learning the origins of the park as well as the creator, Madison Storm who built the park based on his own twisted childhood.
After making your way through the park finding Luke and Clay, gathering items to continue, and warding off the monsters that wish to harm you - you make it near the end to discover Madison also kidnapped Mr and Mrs. Morris (Lizzy and Luke's parents) and wished to destroy the family, both as a spectacle for the monsters of the park as well as revenge for escaping the park the first time and making him look like a fool in front of the monster inhabitants. Clay manages to reach the monster generator, the thing that attracted monsters to the park, and overload it causing the inhabitants to flee. But in the midst of the chaos, Madison grabs the Morris siblings and Clay and ties them up, intending to be blown up along with the park.
- The player character manages to save everyone, prevent the park from blowing up, and defeat Madison all at once. Clay however, finds the remote to the park and presses one of the buttons, triggering the self-destruction of the park. The children manage to get out in time before it blows. The final scene in the game sees the children make it home and the parents make it back safe and sound with the help of their new neighbor, Madison Storm.
- If the player fails to stop Madison Storm, the children arrive home to find that their parents have been transformed into HorrorLand Horrors.
- Tatum Fjerstad as Lizzy Morris
- Adam Wylie as Luke Morris
- Eric Lloyd as Clay
- Jeff Goldblum as Dracula
- Charles Martin Smith as Renfield
- Isabella Rossellini as Lady Cadaver
- Robert Joy as Madison Storm
- Robert Joy as Stump
- Judy Tenuta as Hanna Black
- David Wells as Mr. Morris
- Glynis Barber as Mrs. Morris
- J.P. Manoux as Squat
- Steve Valentine as Stretch
- Nadine Grycan as Suzy-Q
- Steve Valentine as Scarecrow
- Neil Ross as Riddle Wall Voice
- Neil Ross as Horus Voice
- Walter Phelan, Jr. as Mummy
- Walter Phelan, Jr. as Zombie #1
- Eric Gauriluk as Zombie #2
- Tracey McAlister as Zombie #3
- Scott Walters as Zombie #4
- Mark Caso as Werewolf Stuntman
- Magi Poppie as a Stand-in for Lizzy
- Blaise Gauba as Additional Voices
- Jeff Bennett as Pumpkin Voices
- Denon Rawles and Sue Thoma as Vampire Dancers
- Jeff Goldblum makes a special appearance as Dracula, and Isabella Rossellini appears ass Lady Cadaver. Steven Spielberg was also part of the project, and his aim was to bring the Goosebumps universe to life after his daughters fell in love with the series.
- Spielberg an Goldblum have also worked together on the first Jurassic Park film three years prior to this project.
- Because this game follows a specific storyline, doing things in the wrong order can get you stuck in an area without the option to escape besides loading your last checkpoint. This could also occur if you missed collecting a certain inventory item along the way.
- Escape from Horrorland was quickly retconned three years after initial release due to the Goosebumps Series 2000 book Return to Horrorland that alluded that the Morris family and Clay hadn't returned to Horrorland within the 6 months between the One Day at Horrorland and Return to Horrorland, meaning the events of the game couldn't have occurred.
|Goosebumps video games|
|PC||Escape from HorrorLand • Attack of the Mutant • Goosebumps: The Game • Goosebumps Dead of Night⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀|
|Console||Goosebumps HorrorLand • Goosebumps: The Game • Goosebumps Dead of Night⠀|
|Mobile||Goosebumps Night of Scares • Goosebumps HorrorTown|
|Web||Enter HorrorLand • Stine-Chillers|