Download and Die! is the second arc of the horror anthology comic series Goosebumps. It was published by IDW in 2018.
|No.||Cover||Release date||Artwork by||Written by|
|1||March 28, 2018||Michelle Wong||Jen Vaughn|
|2||March 28, 2018||Michelle Wong||Jen Vaughn|
|3||April 18, 2018||Michelle Wong||Jen Vaughn|
In the tradition of the classic Say Cheese and Die! story, this spiritual successor takes that concept and puts a digital spin on it for the iPhone generation. Today’s kids will now have to contend with a smartphone app that snaps filtered pictures which depict nightmarish outcomes. In true Goosebumps fashion, the danger is real!
Mitra’s new creepy phone is causing a rift between her and her friends—they just don’t believe it’s behind all the recent… disturbances. Is it too late to do a hard reset on her life?!
Power cords and lifelines get tangled as Mitra, Kyra, and Flips unravel the monsters' mess. Is it too late to save their friend and their town from the curse of the haunted phone? Ring, ring—who’s calling? Your DOOM.
- Mitra is shown to have a romantic attraction to Weather; because of this, Mitra is the first LGBT character to appear in Goosebumps media.
References to other Goosebumps media
- Say Cheese and Die!: The name of this arc is a reference to the title of the book, and the overall plot shares similarities to the book's.
- Night of the Living Dummy saga: Slappy the Dummy appears as the primary antagonist.
- Tales to Give You Goosebumps: Curly the Skeleton appears as the secondary antagonist.
- Calling All Creeps!: The Creeps appear as the tertiary antagonists.
- Welcome to the Wicked Wax Museum: Sybil Wicked makes an appearance during issue 3.
- I Live in Your Basement!: Keith makes an appearance during issue 2, and reappears in issue 3 as part of the arc's twist ending.