Classic Goosebumps is a series of reprints of older Goosebumps titles with all-new covers and bonus materials.
The first eighteen books were released as tie-ins to the books in the Goosebumps HorrorLand series. This stopped with book nineteen for unknown reasons. After book twenty-two in November 2011, the series was put on a four year hiatus, for once again, unknown reasons. It wasn't until April 28, 2015 when Scholastic released ten new Classic Goosebumps books at the same time to promote the Goosebumps film. Out of the ten books, seven of them are from the original Goosebumps series, two of them from Goosebumps Series 2000, and one from Give Yourself Goosebumps.
Four new Classic Goosebumps books were released on July 31, 2018 to promote the 2018 sequel film, Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween. Three of the books are Halloween themed books from the original series, and one is from Series 2000.
Thirty-two of the books are from the original series, three are from Series 2000, and one is from Give Yourself Goosebumps.
- Night of the Living Dummy
- Deep Trouble
- Monster Blood
- The Haunted Mask
- One Day at HorrorLand
- The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb
- Be Careful What You Wish For...
- Say Cheese and Die!
- The Horror at Camp Jellyjam
- How I Got My Shrunken Head
- The Werewolf of Fever Swamp
- A Night in Terror Tower
- Welcome to Dead House
- Welcome to Camp Nightmare
- Ghost Beach
- The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight
- You Can't Scare Me!
- Return of the Mummy
- Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes
- Phantom of the Auditorium
- Vampire Breath
- Stay Out of the Basement
- A Shocker on Shock Street
- Let's Get Invisible!
- Night of the Living Dummy 2
- Night of the Living Dummy 3
- The Abominable Snowman of Pasadena
- The Blob That Ate Everyone
- The Ghost Next Door
- The Haunted Car
- Attack of the Graveyard Ghouls
- Please Don't Feed the Vampire!
- The Headless Ghost
- The Haunted Mask 2
- Bride of the Living Dummy
- Attack of the Jack-O'-Lanterns
|Book||Publish date||Media||Stories contained|
Classic Goosebumps Collection
The art direction for Classic Goosebumps is vastly different than the original series. The cover art is not done by series veteran Tim Jacobus, but instead, Brandon Dorman, who is known for his cartoony, yet detailed fantasy-like illustrations. Unlike Jacobus' covers, Dorman's covers are created digitally. Some of Dorman's illustrations tend to mimic Jacobus' original paintings, but done in his own style (as seen with the image on the right).
The covers for Classic Goosebumps do not feature slime of any kind along the border of the cover. Similarly to the covers of the Goosebumps Series 2000 books, the slime was likely omitted to allow for better presentation of the cover art. The design of the logo has also been changed, and is now white instead of green. The first twenty-two books in the series featured raised covers, similar to Series 2000. Starting with book twenty-three, the covers were made completely flat. Previous books in the series that featured raised covers were also re-released with flat covers.
- Almost all of the original Goosebumps books were reprinted between 2003 and 2007. However, Phantom of the Auditorium, Legend of the Lost Legend, Werewolf Skin, I Live in Your Basement!, and Monster Blood IV were not reprinted alongside the other books. Phantom of the Auditorium is currently the only one of these books to have received a Classic reissue, while Legend of the Lost Legend did receive a reprint via the 25th Anniversary Retro Set.
- In the movie Goosebumps, the Invisible Boy is actually Brent Green from the book My Best Friend Is Invisible. However, when the film was released, the book Let's Get Invisible! received a Classic reissue instead of My Best Friend Is Invisible.