Champion, also known as Champ, is one of the two tritagonists in the 2015 film Goosebumps. As described in the film, Champ was given the name Champion because his Mom and Dad both won bronze Olympic medals. Champ is played by Ryan Lee.
In the movie, Champ is Zach Cooper's best friend. One of Champ's most defining features is his cowardliness. When Zach and Champ sneak into R.L. Stine's house and unleash the Goosebumps monsters from their manuscripts, Champ joins R.L. Stine, Zach and Hannah. Champ is able to help Zach and Hannah because he was a Goosebumps fan as a kid, so he knows all the monsters weaknesses. When he saw Taylor in danger by the werewolf he had come over his fears. He leaped into action and wrestled the werewolf, protecting her. Afterward, Taylor thanked Champ for saving her life. He then became her new boyfriend because he didn't abandon her like her ex-boyfriend did, and he was brave.
- Champ is the opposite of his parents - who are athletic and smart. Champ lacks common sense, taking him extra time to figure things out, and is scared of most things.
- Champ's last name is never revealed in the film.
- In one draft of the film, Champ becomes a werewolf after biting Will Blake.
- In the film novelization, Champ explains he owns all the Goosebumps books.
- In the movie's second draft, his name was originally supposed to be Duncan, but it was later changed it to Champion (Champ).