"Shocker on Shock Street" is the first episode of the third season of Goosebumps TV series, and the forty-fifth episode overall. The episode premiered on Fox during the Fox Kids block on September 6, 1997 as the first episode of Season 3. It was directed by Randy Bradshaw.
- Brooke Nevin as Erin
- Ben Cook as Marty
- Eric Peterson as Mr. Wright
- Karen Nickerson as Technician #1
- Kelly Nickerson as Technician #2
- Ron Stefaniuk as Piranha Person
- Jason Hopley as Toxic Creep
Differences from the book
- The episode is simply titled Shocker on Shock Street, instead of A Shocker on Shock Street.
- The giant praying mantises never appear and neither does the cemetery, nor Wolf Boy and Wolf Girl.
- Linda and Russ Denver are absent.
- In the book, Mr. Wright plans to fix the bugs on the robot kids, but in the episode he replaces them with completely new ones.
- The ending is extended. After they reveal that Erin and Marty are robots, they turn back on and gang up on him, saying even robots deserve to live.
- In the book, Shock Street is more of a movie franchise. In the television episode, Shocker films is a studio known for monster films with a unified setting, similar to Troma Films, known for setting a majority of its films in the fictitious city of Tromaville.
- The opening scene with Erin and Marty seeing a new Shock Street film is omitted.
- Shock Street was depicted by Centreville Amusement Park, located on Centre Island, part of the Toronto Islands in Toronto, Canada.
- Several of the masks in the studio are from previous and future television episodes including:
- A mask of one of the Creeps from Calling All Creeps!
- The Piranha Person, which would later be recycled for a fish mutant in Deep Trouble
- Two scarecrows from The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight.
- Some of the masks from The Haunted Mask and The Haunted Mask II.
- One of the snake monsters from The Girl Who Cried Monster.
- Prince Khor-Ru from Return of the Mummy.
- In the United Kingdom, the scene where Marty is electrocuted is edited.
- Ben Cook (Marty) played Jerry in Season 1's Piano Lessons Can Be Murder and Josh in Season 2's Welcome to Dead House
- The theme music for season 3 is now different and remixed, and now at the end, the voice says Ultimate Goosebumps. Season 3 was renamed Ultimate Goosebumps because of this. The original post-S1 pre-Ultimate Goosebumps opening was on the DVD, however.
- The skull of the tram car says "Riders Beware, you're in for a scare", a reference to the series tagline.
- The werewolf animatronic is similar to the werewolf models from both The Werewolf of Fever Swamp and Werewolf Skin.
- Eric Peterson, who portrays Mr. Wright, is best known for his role as Oscar Leroy in the Canadian comedy series Corner Gas.
- Brooke Nevin, who plays Erin Wright, would later play Rachel in Animorphs, another show based on a Scholatic property.
Shocker on Shock Street has been release on DVD over three times. The 2006 DVD release includes the episode, Click as a bonus.